What is the longest stretch you have played DA:O for?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What is the longest stretch you have played DA:O for?

Post  Polara on Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:14 am

I am a 23 year-old, happily married to a husband who is very generous about sharing the xBox w/me, especially with DA:O, and I am curious to know just how obsessed with the game everyone else is out there.

I have used up all 31 saves available to my character, mostly before Alistair's convos, or any other important talks, because the characters and the interaction the PC is allowed with them are (to me) the most compelling part of the game.

I reached a point about 3/4 of the way through, where I was so involved in the plot that I simply could not stop playing...I was also home, sick, so I had plenty of time to play.

So, what is the longest amount of time you all have played DA:O for? I'll tell after a few replies, I swear.

I just want to make sure I'm not too too much of a freak.
Polara

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What is the longest stretch you have played DA:O for?

Post  Amerou on Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:16 am

I played for close to 20 hours straight one night... I was intending to hard-reboot my sleep schedule (I have some pretty wicked insomnia) and used DAO to keep myself awake until bedtime the next day.

.... it didn't really work, because I ended up doing that for a couple days in a row, but. :D;
Amerou

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  vehlr on Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:24 am

DAO is the reason that I am nocturnal. The reason that my eyes are so incredibly bloodshot that the checkout girl at Sainsbury's literally recoiled from me. The reason that my appetite has vanished and that my stomach is ripping itself apart. The reason that my legs freeze up.

DAO is bad for my health. *chuckles*
No idea how long my longest stint was, to be honest.. I'm kinda governed by the boyf who owns the computer it's installed on.
vehlr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TrishaMcMillan on Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:01 am

Amerou wrote:I played for close to 20 hours straight one night... I was intending to hard-reboot my sleep schedule (I have some pretty wicked insomnia) and used DAO to keep myself awake until bedtime the next day.

.... it didn't really work, because I ended up doing that for a couple days in a row, but. Very Happy;

This sounds very familiar.
The first two days I played this game so long that I feared I seriously hurt my xbox (by the time I was really exhausted the poor thing would have hang-ups and the load times grew with ever area change...)

Last edited by TrishaMcMillan on Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:17 am; edited 1 time in total
TrishaMcMillan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Trillian on Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:15 am

The first weekend I had the game. Well, I got maybe 8 hours sleep from Friday night to Monday morning. And add in occasional car trips for take away. And amusing considering how close I came to telling my boss my virtual boyfriend kept me up all night. Instead I mumbled something about a new computer game and went looking for coffee.

Oh it was brilliant, the joys of owning my own computer and living by myself. And if the cat gets too hungry she sits in front of my screen until I feed her (usually in the middle of big battles. Or the Ostagar cuscene, I had to go back and rewatch that one).
Trillian

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  irvys_sefie on Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:49 am

Yeah...I was up until 6 am playing it last night. >.< But, in my defense I'd been away visiting my mum for a week so I'd been going through withdrawal!
irvys_sefie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Polara on Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:02 am

Yeah, I played from 9:30 one night to 4pm the next day...my husband walked into the living room around noon, and asked if I'd stayed up all night. Um, no...but then he noticed I was wearing the same shirt. Laughing Busted! LOL, but he'd been coming to bed at 7am every night for the past week b/c he was playing it so long. And I was seriously worried about the xBox crashing at that point.
Polara

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TrishaMcMillan on Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:53 am

Polara wrote:And I was seriously worried about the xBox crashing at that point.

Mine was actually crashing not once but twice. affraid
It began stuttering while loading and suddenly froze.
I was not a happy person in that moment!
TrishaMcMillan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top